If you have recently purchased a boAt smartwatch but are not sure how to use it, we’re here to help. Right from setting up time to tracking your steps, everything is simple! In this article, we’re going to share boAt flash edition smartwatch user manual.
boAt Flash Edition Smartwatch Manual
- boAt Watch Flash
- USB Magnetic Charging cable
- User Manual
- Warranty Card
Turn on the watch
Long-press the side button for 3-5 seconds. You can wake the screen by lifting your wrist.
How to Connect boAt Flash Edition Smartwatch to App?
Time needed: 7 minutes
Follow these steps to connect boAt Flash smartwatch to wave app:
- Download the boat Wave app on your phone.
- Connect the device to the mobile application.
Do not connect directly with the phone’s Bluetooth.
- Tap on the “Add device” or “+”icon on top right corner of the device section.
This will add your smartwatch to your phone.
- Select “Flash edition” on the home screen of the app and tap on bind
If this is not visible, re-open the app.
- To use all the features of your Watch Flash seamlessly, grant all permissions
Tap on ‘Yes’ to the ‘connection’ and the ‘grant access’ system prompt.
- Turn your phone’s Bluetooth and GPS on.
Turn both functions- GPS & Bluetooth ON in case they are off. To ensure connectivity throughout your journey, make sure the app is allowed to run in the background of your phone at all times.
How to Sync boAt Flash Edition Smartwatch to the app?
- Open the app on your phone.
- Make sure your watch Flash edition is connected to the app.
- Synchronization will start automatically once you enter the app interface.
- Note: Synchronize data at least once a day to avoid data loss on the watch.
Access Features on App
Call & Text Notifications
Turn this feature on from your app to receive notifications on your watch Flash. It will show 5 new notifications and automatically overwrite the last message if there are more than 5. Note: The watch can be used to reject calls, but cannot be used to answer calls or messages.
Click on the brightness icon to adjust brightness levels. To maximize battery life, keep your Watch Flash’s brightness at 0 or 1.
Changing Dial Interface
Swipe left on the main interface of your watch screen to enter the function menu or settings -> Scroll down -> Select ‘Watch Faces’ -> Tap on your preferred display.
Alarm & Timer
To add this feature on the watch, enable it on the app on your phone.
Do Not Disturb Mode
When activated, feature will disable all your notifications except alarms.
Note: Enable the feature on the app to use it on your watch Flash.
Step, Distance & Calorie Meter
You can view daily records of steps, distance and calories on the app as well as your smartwatch. The data will be cleared at the end of every day. Note: All records will be available on the app if you keep it synchronized.
Click on the sports mode icon to choose from 10 different sports modes:
Walking, Running, Cycling, Climbing, Skipping, Badminton, Basketball, Football, Yoga, Swimming.
To pause or stop the exercise, press the home button.
Note: *All records will be available on the app if you keep it synchronized. *The touch screen will not function when exposed to water. When your watch does get wet, wipe the surface with a soft cloth before using it.
Make sure that the maximum depth of the water is 1.5m & maximum time for exposure to water is 30 minutes.
Heart Rate Monitor
Click on the heart rate monitor icon to check heart rate data for the day. For accurate measurements, try to stay still and raise your hand to the same level as your heart.
It should start measuring in about 2 seconds and last up to 20 seconds to complete the measurement. To allow the watch to measure your heart rate automatically throughout the day, enable the function on the app.
Wear the watch on your wrist, then click on the icon to start measurements. You can also view the data on the app. Measurements are for reference only and not for medical purposes.
Tap on the icon to review sleep data from the previous night. Once the sleep criteria is met, your watch will start recording from 8pm at night until 10 in the morning the next day.
Once you lie down and the watch detects no movement for 30 minutes. It will start cording your sleep. This will stop recording detects excessive movements. You can check the data on the app only after the wake-up criteria is met.
Note: For accurate sleep data recording, the asleep criteria has to be met which includes limited movement, wrist positioning, angles, and more.
The wake-up criteria will be met only after it records some noticeable movement.
Guided Breathing Mode
Click on the breath training icon to regulate your breathing with the instructions given to relax.
Make sure the app is connected to your smartwatch to receive weather updates for the current and next two days. The watch will show the high and low values for weather.
Note: Weather updates can be obtained from your service provider and might vary with different providers.
Music Control Mode
Tap on this icon to launch music control mode. Ensure the music app is running on your phone for this feature to work properly. This feature might not work for some of the Music Apps with different control protocols.
Camera Control Mode
Click on the Remote Camera Icon on your Flash watch and click on a photo from your phone. Note: For both Android and IOS, you need to turn on the camera from the app and trigger from the watch.
Find My Phone
Tap on this icon to find your phone. Once enabled, your phone will start ringing and vibrating. Tap it again to stop it. Note: Your watch Flash should be connected to your phone via Bluetooth and within its range for this feature to work, Find My Phone can be stopped from the watch, only Click again on the Find My Phone icon to stop.
Sedentary & Hydration Alerts
The sedentary & hydration alerts can be activated and adjusted only from the app. You can choose a time period and set timely alerts according to your preference.
Safety & Product Information
- Do not disassemble, bore or damage the battery.
- Do not disassemble the built-in batteries of non-replaceable battery devices.
- Do not use sharp objects to remove the battery.
Charging the Smartwatch
The smartwatch must be charged before initial use. It takes around 2 hours to be fully charged. Connect and charge the watch with the image as a reference, using a 5V/2A adapter.
Note: Once your watch is at 5% battery, it will automatically switch to power saving mode which will disable all functions.
- If you are wearing a pacemaker or other implanted electronic devices, . please consult your doctor before using the heart rate monitor of the watch.
- The optical heart rate sensor will glow green and flash. If you suffer from epilepsy or are sensitive to blinking light sources, please consult your physician before wearing this device.
- The device tracks your daily activities through sensors. This data is intended to tell you about your daily activities such as steps, sleep distance heart rate and calories, but may not be completely accurate.
Things to Keep in Mind
- Sync data once a day to avoid data loss.
- Water Resistance will not work for seawater, acidic and alkaline solutions, chemical reagents and other corrosive liquids.
- Damage or defects caused by misuse or improper use are not covered by the warranty.
- Sports modes support up to 6 hours of exercise at a time.
- Avoid wearing the watch too tight for daily use.
- Keep the parts of the skin touching the watch dry.
- Keep your arm still while measuring data for accurate measurements.
|Screen Type||1.3″ Full LCD Display|
|Battery Capacity||200 mAh|
|Working Temperature||20 C to 45 C|
|Charging Time||Around 2 Hours|
|Working Time||Up to 7 days|
|Maximum transmission power||40 mA|
|Frequency band||2402- 2408 MHz|
Regularly clean your wrist and the strap of your smart watch, especially after sweating during exercise or being exposed to substances such as soap or detergent, which may get stuck on the other end of the product.
Do not wash the strap with a household cleanser. Please use soapless detergent, rinse thoroughly and wipe with a piece of soft towel or napkin.
For spots or stains that are not easy to remove, scrub the area with rubbing alcohol and then follow the above procedure.