An issue that many people have with smartwatches is the manual that comes with them. This manual is not easy to read and understand, which can make it difficult for the average person to use their smartwatch. Today, we are sharing a user-friendly format of boAt Xtend smartwatch user manual.
boAt Xtend Smartwatch Manual
- boAt watch Xtend
- User Manual
- USB Magnetic Charging Cable
- Warranty Card
Turn on the watch
Long press the side button to turn the watch on.
Charging boAt Xtend Smartwatch
The smartwatch must be charged before initial use. It takes around 2 hours to be fully charged. Connect and charge the watch with the image as a reference using a 5V/2A adapter.
How to Connect boAt Xtend Smartwatch to App?
Time needed: 7 minutes.
Connecting boAt Xtend smartwatch to the wave is easy.
- Download the boat Wave app on your phone.
- Connect the device to the mobile application.
Do not connect directly with the phone’s Bluetooth.
- Tap on the “Add device” or “+”icon on top right corner of the device section.
This will add your smartwatch to your phone.
- Select Xtend on the home screen of the app and tap on bind.
If this is not visible, re-open the app.
- To use all the features of your Watch Xtend seamlessly, grant all permissions.
Tap on ‘Yes’ to the ‘connection’ and the ‘grant access’ system prompt.
- Turn your phone’s Bluetooth and GPS on.
Turn both functions- GPS & Bluetooth ON in case they are off. To ensure connectivity throughout your journey, make sure the app is allowed to run in the background of your phone at all times.
How to Sync boAt Xtend Smartwatch to the app?
- Open the app on your phone.
- Make sure your watch Xtend is connected to the app.
- Synchronization will start automatically once you enter the app interface.
- Note: Synchronize data at least once a day to avoid data loss on the watch.
Access Features on App
Watch Face market
- Tap on ‘New Arrivals’ to browse through watch faces.
- Customize your watch face by adding a photo from your camera or album of selection from the pre-loaded ones.
- Make sure your watch and phone are connected via Bluetooth.
- Do not exit the downloading interface until it displays 100% downloaded.
Enable automatic or real-time heart rate monitoring, stress monitoring, enable excessive stress reminders, hydration reminders, sedentary reminders, and menstrual cycle alerts. Open the App devices -> device info -> health monitoring.
You can turn on call alerts to get notifications of important calls when you want.
Enable real time notifications on the watch.
Enable DND, Find My Phone, Music Control, Make a Gesture, Weather to use on your watch.
Navigating Through Functions
Press the multifunction button once to enter the main menu.
Tap on this to view your daily step count, calorie burnt distance walked and sports data.
Tap on this to access the 14 sports modes on the menu, which include:
Outdoor Run, Indoor Run, Outdoor Walk, Indoor Walk, Hiking. Outdoor Cycle, Indoor Cycle, Cricket, Yoga, Workout, Pool Swim, Open Water Swim, Rower & Elliptical.
Tap on your preferred activity to begin. You can swipe left to access the music control while you work out. To pause/resume, short press the side button. To end short press –> tap on X icon -> long press to end the sport.
Note: All records will be available on the app if you keep it synchronized.
A minimum of 1 minute of any activity is required for the watch to record.
The touch screen will not function when exposed to water. When your watch does get wet, wipe the surface with a soft cloth before using it.
Make sure that the maximum depth of water is 50m & Maximum time of exposure in water is 30 minutes.
- To access Amazon Alexa Voice Assistant, your Alexa account needs to be logged in on the app.
- On the app, go to Devices Amazon Alexa->Login with Amazon.
- Once you are logged in, you can access Alexa by swiping right long by pressing the side button or from the main menu.
- When in use, the Alexa function will begin at the ‘listening’ interface.
- Once the voice command is recognized, it turns into a thinking interface, to then return an answer to your command. You can enable stopwatch, alarms & countdown.
- If the request times out, voice can’t be recognized, account isn’t logged in, the internet is unstable or Bluetooth isn’t connected, and the device will display error prompts. If that happens, wait 10 seconds, check all connections and try again!
Heart Rate Monitor
Tap on this icon to measure your heart rate. Wear the watch on your wrist. Keep it close to your heart, and stay still Note: Measurements are for reference only and not for medical purposes.
Blood Oxygen Level Monitor
Tap on this icon to measure your SPOR levels Wear the watch on your wrist and stay still.
Wear the watch on your wrist and tap on the icon to measure stress levels. Try to stay still.
The stress monitor tracks your heart rate to track levels of stress. If the watch calculates your stress levels using a minute’s Heart Rate Variability (HRV) test.
The higher the value, the higher the stress rate. Here’s what the data indicates:
80 is considered to be dangerous.
If your HRV is higher than usual, use the guided breathing modes to take a minute and relax
Note: It is recommended to record your stress levels every day before exercising. Preferably at the same time and under the same conditions for accurate measurements.
Tap on the icon to review sleep data from the previous night. Once the sleep criteria is met, your watch will start recording from 8pm at night until 10 in the morning the next day.
Once you lie down and the watch detects no movement for 30 minutes. It will start cording your sleep. This will stop recording detects excessive movements. You can check the data on the app only after the wake-up criteria is met.
Note: For accurate sleep data recording, the asleep criteria has to be met which includes limited movement, wrist positioning, angles, and more.
The wake-up criteria will be met only after it records some noticeable movement.
Breath Training Mode
Tap on the icon on boAt Xtend smartwatch and select your mode (from slow, rapid or normal, select your preferred time duration, then follow the instructions to relax.
Enable this from the app to get weather updates for the next 3 days.
Music Control Mode
Tap on the icon to launch music control mode. Note: Ensure the magic is running on your phone for this feature to work properly. This feature might not work for some of the Music Apps with different control protocols.
Find My Phone
Tap on the icon to make your phone ring. Make sure the app and phone are connected.
Tap on this icon to turn your dial into a flashlight.
You can access the following from the settings menu:
Wake Gesture, DND, Watch Faces, Brightness (choose from manual or auto). You can also add the screen display duration Power Of Restart Data Reset (erases all data), About Device & Help.
You can access all watch faces from the settings menu. You can also long press on the home screen to see the watch face options. Swipe left to the left to navigate and then long press to 3elect your preferred with face.
Safety & Product Information
- Do not disassemble, bore or damage the battery.
- Do not disassemble the built-in batteries of non-replaceable battery devices.
- Do not use sharp objects to remove the battery.
- If you are wearing a pacemaker or other implanted electronic devices, . please consult your doctor before using the heart rate monitor of the watch.
- The optical heart rate sensor will glow green and flash. If you suffer from epilepsy or are sensitive to blinking light sources, please consult your physician before wearing this device.
- The device tracks your daily activities through sensors. This data is intended to tell you about your daily activities such as steps, sleep distance heart rate and calories, but may not be completely accurate.
Things to Keep in Mind
- Sync data once a day to avoid data loss.
- Water Resistance will not work for seawater, acidic and alkaline solutions, chemical reagents and other corrosive liquids.
- Damage or defects caused by misuse or improper use are not covered by the warranty.
- Sports modes support up to 6 hours of exercise at a time.
- Avoid wearing the watch too tight for daily use.
- Keep the parts of the skin touching the watch dry.
- Keep your arm still while measuring data for accurate measurements.
|Battery Capacity||300 mAh|
|Working Temperature||-10 C to 45 C|
|Charging Time||Around 2 Hours|
|Working Time||Up to 7-10 days|
|Maximum transmission power||0 dBm|
|Frequency band||2402- 2480 MHz|
- Regularly clean your wrist and the strap of your smartwatch, especially after sweating during exercise or being exposed to substances such as soap or detergent, which may get stuck on the other end of the product.
- Do not wash the strap with a household cleanser.
- Please use soapless detergent, rinse thoroughly and wipe with a piece of Salt Towel or napkin.
- For spots or stains that are not easy to remove, scrub the area with rubbing alcohol and then follow the above procedure.
FAQs – boAt Xtend User Manual
- Search for the app to connect keeps failing. What should I do?
a. Keep the boat Wave app updated to the latest version
b. Close all the programs on the watch-Stop and restart Bluetooth and GPS+ Connect again
c. Check and enable notification functions on your phone and keep the phone and watch in close contact.
d. Note Make sure your phone system meets Android 6.0 and above and iOS 9.0 and above.
- My Watch Xtend is receiving no alerts, texts, or phone calls
Make sure smart reminders on the app are on and synced to the Watch Xtend. Also, make sure you have granted access permission and the notification center of your phone is displaying messages Only then will your smartwatch also display those notifications.
- My Bluetooth keeps getting disconnected.
Make sure there is not more than 7m distance between your phone's Bluetooth and the watch. 2. Make sure there is no obstacle between the watch and the phone.
- The time displayed on my phone and on the watch Xtend are inconsistent.
Make sure your watch is connected to your phone through the app and not the Bluetooth feature itself.
- The calculated number of steps on the app and on the watch Xtend are inconsistent.
Ensure that your app and the watch are synchronized.
- Will it be okay to take a bath while wearing the watch Xtend?
The water resistance will only work under the following conditions: (1) Maximum depth of water: 50m (2) Maximum time for exposure to water: 30 minutes The watch isn't suitable for hot baths, hot springs, saunas, snorkeling, diving, water skiing and other wading or deep water activities with high-speed water flow.